Tuesday, April 19, 2011

What time is it? Summertime!

Well, I am currently up to my ears in writing papers for the end of my 2nd semester at the University of Bath. So what do I decide to do??? Write a new blog. HA! Whatevs. I worked hard all day and should finish my papers in plenty of time. Moving on, no need to dwell on homework. Heaven knows I am not.
I have been thinking about what I am going to do after I turned in these papers.... and it is summer. You say "But what about the 15,000 word dissertation you have to write????" Hey! I thought we agreed we are not discussing homework! Jeez.
The thing is, most of my time here is spent working at my little job at the shop since lectures are officially over. But it is still not too much. I am not allowed to work more than 20 hours on my student visa and usually do not even work that much. So I have a lot of time on my hands. And I try to get out an be social, but sometimes it just does not work out everyday. And now with the University getting a LOT less busy with the undergraduates going home in June they may not need me to work at the shop...... Hmmm. So what is a girl to do?
I have been throwing around some ideas, in my head. I would love to travel and already have one planned with Jacqui in a few weeks. And then in July I am going to France with a girlfriend from church. But what about June? I think I should go on a birthday trip but do not know where. But that is not the difficult part. I can not get over the idea of going to a foreign country alone.... You say "But Linds, that is EXACTLY what you did when you moved to England!". Goodness, stop hounding me.
There are reasons I have for not wanting to travel alone. Here they speak my language, for the most part. Other places do not. And also, more importantly, if I am going on holiday that is about making memories. I cannot very well say to myself in 5 years, "Hey remember how hilarious that singing and dancing alone on the Sound of Music tour and getting incarcerated because of it was?". That would be weird, even for me. So it kinda hurts my feelings to think about going some where all by myself. I mean, I am awesome, but I would like to talk to someone while abroad in a new place.
Anyway, I also plan on reading a lot of books and drinking coffee this summer. I have tentatively joined a book club. But other than that I got nothing. I need ideas. No one usually comments on this thing, but if you have any fun thoughts for my summer in Bath/world tour let me know somehow. I have to live it up before I have to get back to the real world in September. Can't waste luxury like this.

2 comments:

  1. Just have fun! Do you have September plans? I want you to know that Toby and I think you are amazing.. and after this school year we VERY much (more) appreciate loving caring teachers like YOU!

    By the way, I can't imagine doing what you are doing.. I don't even like going to Target alone. You are one strong lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay, Do they have a place where you can post that you are looking for a traveling mate (a female one, of course)? I would bet that there are other women your age who want to travel also, but don't want to go alone. You could meet a few times and see if you are compatible - then go for it! Make a new friend AND memories! My niece went to Italy by herself once, but I don't know if I would want to do that alone either, and I'm an old lady!

    ReplyDelete