Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Because I knew you, I have been changed for good

So I am just about to hit the 7 week mark before I go to England. And I am about to send everything away. And wait for it to come back. My friends are all starting school again and I really have no "markers" left in my summer before I do this thing. Exciting. And terrifying. I have not been nervous about this whole thing until a few days ago. I know, as I have said before, God is in control. But that is not why I am nervous. I know when I get there I will have no problems making friends or getting acclimated. But I have started thinking about the people I am leaving. Now. I am about to get vulnerable here. Which I do not like to do, but hopefully it will be therapeutic.
I am nervous about leaving the people I love. Sounds so cliche I know. But really. If you know me at all, you likely know that loving people is one of my strengths. And the thought of leaving of these people is breaking my heart. I am afraid I will be forgotten. I know that sounds so lame, but I still think it. But I guess that is a part of life. And even though I believe I will not be forgetting my peeps I wanted to write a little tribute to them here. Now, I am bit worried I will forget someone, or offend someone that did not get put on here. So I may not put specific names. Or I might. We will see as I start writing.
I have to start with my family. Without them I would not be doing this. My parents have always encouraged me in everything I have done and not only that but if it were not for them I would likely not be getting this visa nonsense taken care of in time. Mitchell, I have loved getting to know you better the past few years, it has been totally awesome. Jacqui, you are my other half. You made me a stronger person, really, I would not have been able to take this jump without you believing I could.
Now to my posse. I am not sure I will be specific with names. Just because I do not want to miss someone or offend. But you know who you are. At work, well we all know it was a hard place for me to get up and go to every day. If it was not for my girls there that I could go to for venting, laughing, or just for a hug. I would never have made it out alive without you guys. I love you so much. Then there was outside of work. Well, seeing as I do not have too many obligations to take up my schedule there are those that took pity on a lonely girl to hang out with. All of you. Your friendship means more to me than you will ever know. If you ever listened to me rant, laughed with me, watched a movie with me, sang with me, or anything crazy you qualify. Basically what I am saying is if you are reading this, I love you. A lot. Thank you so much for being in my life. Every single one of my friends has made me a better person. If you ask, I will gladly tell youhowe and why you have made a difference in my life. I will miss you intensely. And please do not forget me... (as if you could). And so to not forget me I would appreciate you putting your favorite memories with me.

5 comments:

  1. Linds..when I read that you were nervous that people would forget you my mouth dropped open because that is how I felt when I left 2 1/2 years ago. Amazingly enough.....no one has forgotten me though (at least the ones that actually cared in the first place) People are praying for you that you don't even know are praying for you!

    I can't wait to see what God is going to do in your life once you get settled in Bath!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH WAIT! fav memory....seeing you your first year of teaching and watching you be ULTRA shy at staff meetings while Kim and I were ALL KINDS of loud!! ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. fav memory...talks over coffee in the wee minutes before school started on wednesdays...fudge...splitting up the cookies...understanding the 'looks' and random texts across the room during staff meetings...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am deeply offended that I didn't get a personal shout out. Deeply. I have put up w/ too much of your garbage to not be acknowledged. ;)

    Fav Memories. I mean...Really?:
    explicit. twilight. fake boooooobies. just fake. spelling malfunctions. sawyer. boone. vd- not your average venereal disease. you are single- i am not. babymama. sheeshee. emmeann. lesbos at costco w/ a 4day old. goatboy. duckface. watching ALL the extras the day after. adventureland. 17again. sending inapporpriate pictures. flutters. your sad sad sad lack of direction. fat.kids. kv and the case of the boomroasted. my sparkly ec picture you made me that i kept. operation: dazzled at dusk. buttcrack santa has nothing on jacqui. gums. giggles. sex. or lack thereof. clayfrigginaiken. christmas eve service- and falling down in the mcd's parking lot while i was 100months pregnant LOL....

    ...I mean...really...do you want me to continue?! Amazing that all that happened in 2 years!

    I love you, Linds...and I'm uber excited to get rid of you. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete