Monday, July 18, 2011

Paris

I am not going to dwell a lot in this trip because to be frank, was not my favorite. At all. For many reasons. Could be that I am so over traveling. Or I could not understand the language even one iota. Or I am SUPER homesick. Or many of the stereotypes Americans have about the French were true in my experience....etc.
Not that it was all bad. Disneyland Paris was awesome. As expected. I felt like I was back in the States... always a downer when I realized I was definitely not.
I did see the sights, Moulin Rouge, The Louvre, Notre Dame, Eiffel Tower, etc. But we did not go in because of time and money. Such is life.
But in the end. I visited Paris. Yay for me. Not romantic at all. But really, I was not expecting it. So anyway, I have seen it, done it, no desire to return. Oh well.
Now there is nothing planned in my life until home. YAY!
Time to get writing that silly dissertation.

3 comments:

  1. I hope I can see the Moulin Rouge someday.....deep sigh....

    Did you get to go to Normandy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure all the traveling gets old, but really... how exciting that you get to see so much! And then, when those countries come up you can be all posh and say... Oh, I've been there... done that... uh huh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vi- It was interesting, the Moulin Rouge, not what you would expect. And no Normandy.

    Jaime- Yes, I should not take it for granted. I love that you said posh too. But I guess Paris was just not for me.

    ReplyDelete