Thursday, January 16, 2014

Awkward Friendship

Sooooooo.  This could be awkward.  I was pretty darn active on this blog of mine while on my trip across the pond.  And then, I very much ignored it and not until recently remembered I did this often.  Whether for myself or to make others laugh. 

But going back and reading my entries I realized a few things.  First of all, I was kinda an ungrateful whiner.  Also, I learned SO MUCH while on my epic adventure, yet life went on and I forgot some of the lessons God tried to teach me while there.  Not that I completely forgot the lesson, but the truths did not stick in my very selfish heart as much as one would have hoped.  But that is neither here nor there.  After reading, I also realized I am glad I kept a blog while there.  To go back and remember how much God truly blessed me and all the amazing things He allowed to happen in my life puts my current worldview in perspective.  And the last thing I realized.  I love to write.  I love to tell stories and make me people laugh or cry. 

So.  All that said.  I am going to give this blog thing another go.  God has been doing amazing things in my life and I have realized I have some things that may be an encouragement to others.  In the least a good laugh at my crazy.  Hopefully it is not awkward, like seeing a friend you have not seen in a long period of time and you do not remember how to hang out together.  Then you try to see each other sporadically over the next few months but in the end you both realize you were better as just Facebook friends and it slowly tapers off to nobody's surprise or disappointment..... (What?!  Am I the only one that has experienced this?)   But let us hope instead, this blog and I will be the type of friends with whom you can meet up with after an extended amount of time realize it was silly you had not chatted in awhile, and that you were meant to be besties no matter how much time and distance has separated you previously.  Also that you will always find extreme enjoyment in each other's company. Anyyyyyways.  We shall see.....

1 comment: